Like any decent demon Cid spends his nights performing all kind of evil deeds to the peaceful people of Darkestville. Little does he know that his old arch enemy is about to change his life forever.
All Reviews:
Very Positive (475) - 93% of the 475 user reviews for this game are positive.
Release Date:
Sep 21, 2017
Developer:
Publisher:

Sign in to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as ignored

Check out the entire ESDigital Games franchise on Steam

Download Darkestville Castle Demo

Buy Darkestville Castle

Buy Adventure Llama Bundle

Includes 2 items: Unusual Findings, Darkestville Castle

-30%
$24.48

Reviews

“Darkestville Castle will surely not disappoint fans of the adventure genre looking for a more light-hearted perspective and puzzles which never force you to seek online solutions.”
7/10 – The Inner Circle

“Darkestville Castle never hides the source of its inspiration, but it matters not as this is no mere cheap imitation, instead proving to be a love letter to the classics in the point-and-click genre.”
8/10 – Cubed3

“Darkestville Castle healthily solicits curiosity and delivers clicks in the form of satisfying punchlines.”
75/100 – COGconnected

BattleJuice Alchemist - OUT NOW IN EARLY ACCESS

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1384060/BattleJuice_Alchemist/

About This Game

Dear Potential servant of chaos,

Being evil isn’t always easy… But boy it is so much more fun than being a good guy!

Having someone witty like you on my team could be useful during these not so dark times.

Everything in Darkestville was fine and dandy: I was tormenting the town people, the town people were being tormented… It was a fair deal! Who could complain? Not me, that’s for sure!

…until that moron, Dan Teapot, hired a group of professional demon hunters to banish me! I don’t even know why he has a grudge against me. Maybe I burnt his house a couple of times, but I only did it because it was hilarious!

Anyway.

Help me in this adventure to best my foes and let’s make evil reign Darkestville once more!

Also by purchasing this game you are helping a noble cause, part of your money will be used to enslave mankind… I mean… to clean the seas from pollution, create a sanctuary for the only Endangered Invisible Flamingo on this planet and other kind of noble sounding lies.

Sincerely Evil,
Cid

P.S. So you’re trembling with fear already, aren’t you? That’s the spirit! Because this game is not only TERRIBLY interesting but also TERRIBLY funny! If you ever enjoyed Tim Schafer’s classic adventure games and are fond of the Time Burton’s black humor, we’re about to go along with you as these two Tims are my bros.

Sure I wouldn’t be Cid if I didn’t add a couple of dozens of the cunning puzzles so don’t you wait a cakewalk. They say it takes seven hours to complete this game… Well let’s see if you can do it! I trust you can though – my incredible charm and fascinating sense of style are more than enough to overcome any challenge!

P.P.S. While you were reading this, someone just rang the doorbell of my castle and left a box with an “INDIE PRIZE - Best Game Narrative” tag on it. Well… just another acknowledgment of my incomparable awesomeness!

System Requirements

Windows
macOS
SteamOS + Linux
    Minimum:
    • OS *: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
    • Processor: 2.5 GHz (Single Core) or 2 GHz (Dual Core)
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 9.0 compatible
    • DirectX: Version 9.0
    • Storage: 1.5 GB available space
* Starting January 1st, 2024, the Steam Client will only support Windows 10 and later versions.
    Minimum:
    • Processor: Lion 10.7.X
    • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, Intel HD 3000, or equivalent card with at least 512 MB VRAM
    • Storage: 1.5 GB available space
* Starting February 15, 2024, the Steam Client will no longer support 32-bit games or macOS 10.14 or lower.
    Minimum:
    • Processor: 2.5 GHz (Single Core) or 2 GHz (Dual Core)
    • Graphics: DirectX 9.0 compatible
    • Storage: 2 GB available space

More from ESDigital Games

What Curators Say

62 Curators have reviewed this product. Click here to see them.

Customer reviews

Review Type

Purchase Type

Language

Date Range
To view reviews within a date range, please click and drag a selection on a graph above or click on a specific bar.

Show graph

Playtime
Filter reviews by the user's playtime when the review was written:

No minimum to No maximum
Display As:
Show graph

Hide graph

Filters
Excluding Off-topic Review Activity
Playtime:
There are no more reviews that match the filters set above
Adjust the filters above to see other reviews