The Collected Works of Jules Verne: Journey to the Center of the Earth, From the Earth to the Moon, Round the Moon, Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea, Around the World in 80 Days

· Strelbytskyy Multimedia Publishing · Narrated by Trevor O'Hare, Alfred Costa, Chris Dabbs
28 reviews
Audiobook
32 hr 20 min
Unabridged
Eligible
Want a free 3 hr 14 min sample? Listen anytime, even offline. 
Add

About this audiobook

This superb collected of classic science fiction and adventure represents the best of Jules Verne, the master of imaginative literature who has been called "The Father of Science Fiction". 

The books of Jules Verne created characters and formulated ideas which have stimulated and entertained countless readers since they first appeared. They have been the subject of films, radio dramatizations and have even been presented on ice! Listen the originals now and one of the world's greatest ever story tellers will give you hours of pleasure and enjoyment.

This is collected makes an excellent gift for any reader, any lover of science fiction, or any collector of classic literature.

Content:

Journey to the Center of the Earth 

From the Earth to the Moon

Round the Moon

Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea

Around the World in 80 Days

Ratings and reviews

28 reviews
Darryl Cobb
September 20, 2020
If I could leave no stars, I would. Narration is bland, monotone and with frequent mispronounciations of common scientific and Fench words. It truly sounds like they gave these stories to an 8th grader to read out loud with no previous exposure. I will give it 1 star as it is excellent for falling asleep to since the narration is more boring than white sound.
5 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Anita Sri-Ananda
October 26, 2020
Different storytellers. First 3 stories are made quite monotonous by the storytellers voice which is a little grating and quite fast with not enough inflection (great if you want something to put you to sleep!). However, Journey to the Centre of the Earth was still a good book, even though it was very long. I totally lost interest in listening to From the Earth to the Moon and Round the Moon, as I found them both soooo boring, but Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and Around the World in Eighty Days were much better. This is because by the 4th story, there is a different storyteller so the story becomes much more fun to listen to because this guys voice is easier to listen to and he uses inflection correctly. To locate each of the 5 different books from their respective beginning, I am providing the corresponding chapters you need to select for the respective book titles as follows: Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Ch.2), From the Earth to the Moon (Ch.49), Round the Moon (Ch.78), Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Ch.103), Around the World In Eighty Days (Ch.150). Given this was a very affordable purchase, I actually am quite happy with it, because to receive separate files for each book (so you can see and select books and chapters within each book) usually requires spending a great deal more money on the audiobook and it would use a lot more memory in your hard drive. Great value for the price and a cheap way to access classic texts. I liked 3 out of the 5 stories. I hope providing the chapters for the start of each story in my review is helpful to all future listeners and to those people who have already purchased this audiobook, as it should be more enjoyable to be able to find the books they want to hear, in the order which they prefer.
Sepehr Eslami
March 7, 2024
chapters are completely unorganized and unlabeled. there is no way to tell when one book starts and another ends because none of the chapters are labeled

Rate this audiobook

Tell us what you think.

Listening information

Smartphones and tablets
Install the Google Play Books app for Android and iPad/iPhone. It syncs automatically with your account and allows you to read online or offline wherever you are.
Laptops and computers
You can read books purchased on Google Play using your computer's web browser.

Listeners also liked

More by Jules Verne

Similar audiobooks