Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Travel to an abandoned communist resort and use your unique psychic abilities to uncover its deeply disturbing secrets, solve dual-reality puzzles, survive encounters with sinister spirits, and explore two realities at the same time.
Recent Reviews:
Very Positive (112) - 89% of the 112 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive.
All Reviews:
Very Positive (5,943) - 88% of the 5,943 user reviews for this game are positive.
Release Date:
Jan 2021
Developer:

Sign in to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as ignored

Check out the entire Bloober Team SA franchise on Steam

Buy The Medium

Buy The Medium - Deluxe Edition

The Deluxe Edition includes: The Medium (game), Original Soundtrack, The Art of The Medium.

Buy Bloober Team Horror Collection BUNDLE (?)

Includes 5 items: Layers of Fear (2016), Layers of Fear 2, Blair Witch Deluxe Edition, Observer: System Redux, The Medium

-10%
-38%
$154.95
$95.35

Buy Bloober Team Next-Gen Bundle BUNDLE (?)

Includes 2 items: The Medium, Observer: System Redux

-10%
-34%
$79.98
$53.08

Reviews

“The Medium is one of the best third-person horror games I've ever played.”
92/100 – PC Gamer

“The Medium is a terrifying but compelling exploration of duality that uses the horror of personal trauma to craft a memorable tale.”
9/10 – Gamespot

“It’s handily Bloober’s most confident game yet. While I never got to see things through protagonist Marianne’s eyes, the game still dragged me down and smothered me with its stifling atmosphere. I often found myself tensed up and bracing for whatever Bloober had to show me next.”
5/5 – The Gamer

CHECK OUT THE NEW GAME FROM BLOOBER TEAM

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1946700/

THE MEDIUM - DELUXE EDITION

THE MEDIUM - DELUXE EDITION

The Deluxe Edition includes:
  • The Medium (game)
  • Original Soundtrack (digital) - co-composed by legendary Japanese composer Akira Yamaoka of the Silent Hill fame, and Arkadiusz Reikowski - a Hollywood Music in Media Awards nominee best known for Blair Witch, Layers of Fear, and Observer.
  • The Art of The Medium - an official digital album that will lead you through the game’s unsettling physical world and ominous spirit world, inspired by the art of Zdzisław Beksiński, a Polish dystopian surrealist internationally recognized for his distinctive and strikingly haunting style.

About This Game

Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Explore the real world and the spirit world at the same time. Use your psychic abilities to solve puzzles spanning both worlds, uncover deeply disturbing secrets, and survive encounters with The Maw - a monster born from an unspeakable tragedy..

The Medium is a third-person psychological horror game that features patented dual-reality gameplay and an original soundtrack co-composed by Arkadiusz Reikowski and Akira Yamaoka.

Wield unique psychic abilities reserved for those with the gift. Travel between the realities or explore them both at the very same time. Use the Out of Body experience to investigate places where your real-world self can’t go. Create energy shields and deliver powerful spirit blasts to survive the spirit world and its otherworldly dangers.

Delve deep into a mature and morally ambiguous story, where nothing is what it seems and everything has another side. As a medium you see, hear and experience more than others, and with every new perspective you will change your perception on what happened at the Niwa resort.

Never-seen-before and officially patented gameplay that plays out across two worlds displayed at the same time. Explore the physical world and the spirit world simultaneously, and use the interactions between them to solve dual-reality puzzles, unlock new paths, and awaken memories of past events.

The Medium’s spirit world is a dark mirror reflection of our reality, a grim and unsettling place where our unpunished deeds, evil urges, and vile secrets manifest themselves and can take on a form. This world has been invented and designed under the inspiration of Zdzisław Beksiński’s paintings, Polish dystopian surrealist internationally recognized for his distinctive and strikingly ominous style.

Immerse yourself in the disturbing and oppressive atmosphere of the game thanks to the original ‘dual’ soundtrack co-created by Akira Yamaoka and Arkadiusz Reikowski. Yamaoka-san is a legendary Japanese composer best known for his work on the Silent Hill series; Reikowski is a Hollywood Music in Media Awards nominee who worked on such acclaimed horror games as Blair Witch, Layers of Fear, and Observer. Now they join their creative forces for the music and songs of The Medium.

Mature Content Description

The developers describe the content like this:

This game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work. Frequent violence and gore and general mature content is present.

System Requirements

Windows
macOS
    Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6600 / AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500X
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: @1080p NVIDIA GEFORCE® GTX 1650 Super or GTX 1060 / Radeon™ R9 390X
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 55 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible, headphones recommended
    Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9600 / AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: @1080p NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1660 Super / Radeon™ RX 5600XT | @4K NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2080 or RTX 3060 Ti / Radeon™ RX 6800
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible, headphones recommended
    Minimum:
    • Requires an Apple processor
    • Processor: Devices with Apple Silicon
    Recommended:
    • Requires an Apple processor
    • Processor: Devices with Apple Silicon

More from Bloober Team SA

What Curators Say

197 Curators have reviewed this product. Click here to see them.

Customer reviews

Review Type

Purchase Type

Language

Date Range
To view reviews within a date range, please click and drag a selection on a graph above or click on a specific bar.

Show graph

Playtime
Filter reviews by the user's playtime when the review was written:

No minimum to No maximum
Display As:
Show graph

Hide graph

Filters
Excluding Off-topic Review Activity
Playtime:
There are no more reviews that match the filters set above
Adjust the filters above to see other reviews