Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image

About this game

A new twist on text adventure games.

STEP INTO THE DARK ROOM… CAN YOU SURVIVE, ESCAPE AND SAVE PEGGY?

If you like to play interactive story games, visual novels, ghosts games, chat games, indie games this game is what you've been hunting for!
"This is a choose your own text adventure game that is no color by numbers game and thinks outside the cube to deliver a philosophical thriller that is arranged a bit like a dream with choices that matter and many dumb ways to die, so tread carefully. There's a detective story line that is easy to grasp on to, and then mixed with elements of nihilism, existentialism, surrealism, solipsism and absurdism mixed with pure horror." - AppAdvice.com

*Description*
Looking deeper at the lake that is Seul.(Alone) it is a philosophical thriller game in a dark world, meaning it is a thriller based on thrilling philosophical ideas about the horrifying reality that we all have monsters dwelling in rooms within one another. From nihilism, existentialism, surrealism, solipsism and absurdism. A narrative told with these ideas kept in mind. I wanted to play on these rusty thoughts but also present some David Lynch esque kind of world where nothing makes much sense at first glance but as one adapts to it, it manages to invade itself into you. You begin to see that mostly everything is staged within the game for a reason, a motivation sits behind every image and sentence, all leading to a peak crescendo.

With multiple pathways and clues hidden in various areas, the game if compiled as a book would sit around the 40,000 word count.
Even Stephen King has found this number enough to immerse a reader.
As a role playing game this is more than enough to keep you and your granny reading into the early hours of the morning with goosebumps and fear stalking just beyond your consciousness.

Seul.(Alone) is aimed to be a detective styled creepypasta game where every choice has weight and you can feel that but I also wanted it to be about nothing. Like how dreams can feel at times. It seems so heavy and important to the dreamer while the dream is happening but when one wakes it seems to lose all its importance or even its sensibility. The weight of it has dissipated and you are left with this odd out of place feeling while you lay there replaying the memory of the dream you just had.
But at times those dreams can still affect you if you lay there and really begin to pull them apart and ask why, what was the reason for that? Where did those thoughts come from? What is my subconscious communicating, where are the links to my life? Now you are studying the dream… and there’s a whole ocean of stuff behind that now, connections, motivations and meanings. This is what I want to achieve in Seul Alone and you only ever find yourself studying those areas of your life before you tie the slipknot, when you are truly Seul.(Alone).
Updated on
Jun 8, 2018

Data safety

Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
No data shared with third parties
Learn more about how developers declare sharing
No data collected
Learn more about how developers declare collection
Data isn’t encrypted
Data can’t be deleted

Ratings and reviews

43 reviews
A Google user
April 22, 2019
I love the dark eerie concept. The music, writing and pictures are well matched. However there really aren't many choices to choose from. I don't really see and branching lines and ends up same each time. Maybe I just was really unlucky or something.
4 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Cunning Linguist
December 19, 2020
I love this game. I haven't gotten all the way through but it is an engrossing tale with haunting sound effects. Really scary stuff. Thank you for writing it. Only thing is it is not always touch sensitive to make your decisions at the end of a page. Also, I'm old and the font is too small for me to read at times. Besides that, 5 stars.
6 people found this review helpful
Paranormal Games
December 24, 2020
We are glad you enjoyed it! Thanks a lot for playing!
Ivan S
January 21, 2021
Ignores auto rotate setting.

What's new

Fixed game breaking bug.
More user friendly scroll.
Expanded story and more content.
New branching pathways
New characters and more depth to the world to be found.
Improved SFX and Ambience.