Theremin Touch 4+

the real theremin simulator

John McMillan

Designed for iPad

• 4.0 • 12 Ratings
    • $2.99

Screenshots

Description

The Theremin is one of the earliest electronic musical instruments, created by Leon Theremin in the late 1920's.

Theremin Touch is a vintage styled theremin simulator designed to emulate the sound and spirit of the theremin.

This single oscillator, monophonic synthesizer with real world style control features
- onboard delay and reverb FX
- 4 different oscillator wave shapes
- adjustable frequency range for a more stable and playable instrument
- 1 to 7 octave range (approx.). 32.703Hz (C1) to 4.186KHz (C8)
- touch pad to control frequency and volume
- works with Apple Pencil (iPad only)
- tuner
- customisable look
- built with AudioKit

With its beautiful vintage audio look, "Theremin Touch" provides the closest experience to playing a theremin on iOS.

What’s New

Version 2.6

Fixed the "No Sound" issue caused by the device volume being turned down and/or muted.
Added Volume control to the main screen.
Added landscape so it works in both left home button and right home button mode.
Aesthetic enhancements including increased size of the settings and return buttons on iPad and font size.

Ratings and Reviews

4.0 out of 5
12 Ratings

12 Ratings

Ed-Zachary ,

Lots of fun

Very clean app that lets you make fun retro sounds. There used to be another Theremin app named “Thereminator” that unfortunately is not compatible with IOS 11. I was very grateful to find this app with similar functionality. Thank you for making this app!!!

Developer Response ,

Thank you Ed-Zachary for trying Theremin Touch and for your kind words. Stay tuned for an update soon.

G1bbs ,

Great app....needs better low volume control

Great app! I love the intuitive interface and retro aesthetic. Sounds great and offers a lot of tone control with real-time modulation which is nice. Developers , please improve low volume sound quality so sound is not just on or off at low volume but fades. Also, a volume nob would be wonderful! Great app!

Developer Response ,

Hi G1bbs, Thanks for your great review. Regarding the volume, the lower your placement on the touchpad, the lower the volume. Here's a demo which shows the way the volume works. https://youtu.be/nwmSFtjBKwg I hope this helps, please feel free to get in touch via my website at https://jimsapps.com.au/contact/ Thanks for using Theremin Touch.

Igdujgf ,

On second thought pretty darn good

I wasn’t so sure if this app achieved its goal of reproducing this strange but true instrument of sci -fi and Beach Boys fame. On closer scrutiny my conclusion is the developer hit it out of the park, home run. Especially the sine wave setting. If it doesn’t seem like it does, the error is on me...not the app. And who doesn’t need a Theramin app on their phone, right?

App Privacy

The developer, John McMillan, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below. For more information, see the developer’s privacy policy.

Data Not Collected

The developer does not collect any data from this app.

Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More

Supports

• Family Sharing

Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.

You Might Also Like

Musizi
Music
Lo-Fi Tape
Music
Combo Organ Model V
Music
ECHO B2
Music
keyboaredo
Music
MF-101S Lowpass Filter