Make Your Own Cartoons

DigiCel Inc.

• 4.2 • 621 Ratings
    • $2.99
    • Offers In-App Purchases

Screenshots

Description

FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!

FlipPad Makes Animation Easier. That’s why the major studios and the top animation schools use our software.

DigiCel FlipPad is for people who like to draw and want to do traditional, hand-drawn animation. Whether you use an Apple Pencil or draw with your finger, FlipPad makes animation easier.

The TRADITIONAL XSHEET makes timing easier and has thumbnail images so you can see what you're doing.

DRAWING is Smooth and Natural. So whether you’re working on your first pencil test or your final masterpiece, it’s going to look great.

The LIGHTBOX (onion skin) is automatic making it easier and more versatile.

ONLY FlipPad lets you change the timing while the scene is playing so you can see the results immediately.

FlipPad’s unique PAINTING tools are designed specifically for painting animation cels and that makes them faster and more more powerful. Drag the paint bucket to fill like a brush or touch and hold the bucket the fill the entire character.

You can PLAY, PAUSE, STEP and SCRUB through your animation to scrutinize every frame to get it just right.

You can ADD SOUND and time your animation to sync with lips, action or anything.

IMPORT MOVIES to draw over or use as reference to help you learn to animate.

And of course you can SHARE your movies with friends on social media pages.

IN-APP UPGRADE
The in-app UPGRADE to FLIPPAD PRO adds support the Apple Pencil and gives you full HD resolution, 16 million colors, custom color palettes and up to 10 layers and 1,000 frames. It also lets you drag the bucket so you can paint much faster and easier.

Check out our website (DigiCel.net/FlipPad) to see what it can do and how to do it.

What’s New

Version 3.7.1

This fixes a few minor issues and improves the features in recent releases.

Ratings and Reviews

4.2 out of 5
621 Ratings

621 Ratings

Crystalswhiskey ,

Great animation app

I love that this is a dedicated animation app, with all of the standard animation tools included. It all works pretty well, especially for the price.
I would absolutely pay more for this app if it included the following tweaks:
1) a drawing experience more similar to Procreate’s, where you can choose from (and create) a variety of brushes and textures, and with some streamlining options to smooth out the lines.
2) more organizational options within the app, beyond just “scenes”on the main screen. It would be nice to have a folder structure to organize various elements of an animation.

Overall I really like this app, but with those added tweaks, it would be amazing.

Developer Response ,

Thanks for your review and your suggestions. We've already added a variety of textures to the pencil in the next release. And we're improving the main screen to make it easier to get to other folders.

Justaworm13 ,

Semi functional

I bought the app because I needed an animation program but it’s kinda janky unfortunately. It crashes constantly but only saves your progress 50% of the time when it does that and sometimes and just decides not to download correctly?? I used it for 20 minutes and it crashed 3 times during that. I would use it more if it were more stable but I wouldn’t even mind all of that if it had a stabiliser for the pen.

The layout is pretty easy to get a handle on though and the app is pretty beginner friendly. I’ve been using it for small things where I draw in another app and import to this to throw it together and it’s functional. Like I said I’d love for it to have a stabiliser or a feature that lets you select multiple photos to import at one time.

Developer Response ,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble. We are working on an all new version that is more stable and has more features. Both of the features you suggested are on the list.

Erin Kakazu Razzy ,

FlipPad Crashes when uploading videos

FlipPad is pretty great because you can take it on the go, the interface is really clean and intuitive. However, I’ve noticed that FlipPad does crash when I try to upload videos. I work on a Wacom cintique on windows at home and I just find it easier to use. But sometimes I like to switch my animation to the individual frames from flip book and upload it to my flippad, I can upload a file of frames in two seconds on flip book, but I have to upload frames one by one to FlipPad which is frustrating when I have 300 frames. Additionally when I try uploading my animation as a video instead, it will upload the sound but not the frames, and then directly after crash.

Developer Response ,

Try exporting your video from FlipBook with a different codec before import it into FlipPad. That may work better. We are planning to add multi-image import in the near future.

App Privacy

The developer, DigiCel Inc., indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below. For more information, see the developer’s privacy policy.

Data Not Collected

The developer does not collect any data from this app.

Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More

You Might Also Like

Folioscope: Animation Network
Entertainment
Animation Pro
Entertainment
Pixel Animator: GIF Maker
Entertainment
Animation Desk® Draw & Animate
Entertainment
Anime Maker
Entertainment
Stick Nodes Pro - Animator